Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

My dog was at the vet two days ago due I think to food

Customer Question

My dog was at the vet two days ago for diarrhea due I think to food changes. He had a shot for inflammation and probiotics and is on EN food. The diarrhea is a little better but he is sleeping a lot. Is that from the shot? He's eating fine. Don't know how soon the diarrhea should go away. Thanks!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Teddy. Vet is closed till Tues because of the 4th
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?
Customer: He's a pug, almost 2. Is a parvo survivor, got it even though he had two of his four shots.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Teddy has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

Some anti inflammatory medications can cause some lethargy but it could also be that he is just not feeling well.

If the diarrhea was due to a food change then you should see this clearing up in 5-7 days with the probiotic and EN.

As long as he is eating and keeping it down then I would not worry to much, and just let him rest. If you see no change in the stool after 5 days, he stops eating or declines in anyway then I would have him rechecked by the vet.

I hope this helps give you some direction. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating . Rating indicates that you are finished with this session and prompts Justanswer to compensate me for assisting you today. I am not compensated for my time until you provide a rating.