Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello this is Dr. Holloway and I am a licensed veterinarian. You can call me Dr. H for short. I understand that your pet may have ingested a toxic chemical for bug control. This is concerning indeed. Right now he is displaying signs of severe gastritis due to the ingestion. Depending on how much he ingested, he can show other systemic signs including neurological deficits, seizures, and continued gastrointestinal problems.
With the continued vomiting he also can become quite dehydrated and his electrolytes can become severely imbalanced, leading to further illness. I will do my best to help but he with any toxicity it really is best to get the pet seen as quickly as possible, for diuresis (if needed), and to check his organs for any potential damage it may have caused.
I have a few questions before I proceed with the final recommendation.
Is he staggering when walking right now?
How long has he been vomiting?
What color are his gums?
- Dr. H