Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My pug just ate a small bit of a corn cob. She did this a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My pug just ate a small bit of a corn cob. She did this a year ago and ate almost all of one and had to have surgery. She ate dog food right after this time. Do I need to try to make her vomit or wait and see if it'll pass?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Nellie. She is 11.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nellie?
Customer: She just got diagnosed as diabetic...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

Can you clarify "small bit" for me? I need to know that it's not larger than 1" across which could obstruct a Pug's small intestine.