Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has like a sore on s penis, Its looks almost like a scab

Customer Question

hi he has like a sore on his penis , Its looks almost like a scab brownish red in color on the side on the end of the penis
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: pepe hes only 4 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepe?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Can you attach a photograph of the sore?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sure but where do I send it to?

There is an upload function on the page that should work. If not, try uploading to a site like tinypic.com and sharing the link back

I am not able to offer a phone call at this time. But we can continue to work together online, if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok l will try to give you the photo but it would be easier if I could send it to a number

I'll be standing by.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I sent the pic to(###) ###-####is that ok?

I'm afraid I have no idea whose number that is. It is definitely not going to reach me there directly, I'm afraid.

This website works similarly for both of us. You come to get an answer, I come to answer questions. There is no dedicated line that reaches all professionals.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are not helping me

I'll opt out. Perhaps another professional will be able to assist. Best of luck with your companion.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
heres is the photo
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'll follow up for PitRottMommy for you. The photo appears to show a solid tumor suggestive of an early histiocytoma - a benign neoplasm of mononuclear cells derived from epidermal Langerhans' cells (sorry for the pedantry). It's common in dogs with highest incidence in young adults younger than 4 years of age. It usually manifests as a solitary, rapidly growing, firm, well-circumscribed, erythematous (reddened), raised, alopecic dermal nodule that ranges from 0.5 to 4 cm in diameter. Lesions may be ulcerated and occur most commonly on the head, ear pinnae, and legs. Observation without treatment is reasonable because most lesions regress spontaneously within 3 months. Surgical excision or cryotherapy is curative for lesions that don't regress spontaneously. Here's an image of what it might become:

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.