PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My pet black labrador is weeing blood ,this has just

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: My pet black labrador is weeing blood ,this has just started
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He's on medication for arthiritis
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Do you want the name of the medication
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Yes he is weeing blood at the minute
JA: Is Of eating normally?
Customer: Yes he's eating normal
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is Of having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: No,but he is peeing blood
JA: How old is Of?
Customer: 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Of?
Customer: Hes on medication for arthiritis
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer.

Urinating blood is a medical concern that can be a sign of a urinary tract infection, urinary crystals, urinary stones, bladder cancer, etc. It would be most ideal to have your companion examined just as promptly as you can. If you are able to make it to the ER this weekend, I would recommend going so that diagnostics can be performed and treatment can be started. Failing this, he needs to see your vet first thing when they open next week. Hopefully this is something as minor as a urinary tract infection, but we also have to worry that it could be much worse. Diagnostics will be needed to determine the cause.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is your companion doing?