How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pet Doc Your Own Question
Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 6531
Experience:  Veterinarian
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Pet Doc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my dog ingested a 200 mg pill of Celebrex how

Customer Question

I think my dog ingested a 200 mg pill of Celebrex how harmful is this to her she is a 5 lb Pomerania
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rue?
Customer: She is 10 months old and healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl Rue. I am currently typing up a response and will have something for you in the next 3 - 4 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Dr E

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience. Yes - this is certainly toxic to your girl and given she ingested 200mg and is only 5lb, this has the potential to cause some nasty side effects. You need to induce vomiting immediately, and hopefully she ingested this within the last 30 - 60 minutes (if she ingested this at all). There are several ways to induce vomiting, however 3% hydrogen peroxide is the most effective. As it has been about half an hour - she will likely vomit this up pretty easily. You can read about how to induce vomiting in dogs online here:

If she doesn't vomit, or you don't see the pill in her vomit if she does, then I would definitely recommend that you get her down to your local ER vet for monitoring (even if you are unsure of whether she even ingested this). It is certainly best to play it safe in this type of situation. I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.