Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My dog takes half of an apprazolam 0.5 twice a day. Cant

Customer Question

my dog takes half of an apprazolam 0.5 twice a day. Cant reach vet by phone, forgot how much she said I could up it dong fireworks,. Dog weighs 14 lbs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: anxiety . chronic - gotten worse with age - he is about 10, pants, paces, shakes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: not that I know of, pretty healthy other than this problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

For very stressful situations a 14 lb dog can safely take the 0.5mgs so that would be double his normal dose. This dose should not completely sedate him but should be enough to take the edge off and get him through the fireworks.

It could make him a little off balance so just be sure that he is in a safe place where there is no risk of him falling in case he still tries to pace.

I hope this helps give you some direction. Please reply back if you have no additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating . Rating indicates that you are finished with this session and prompts Justanswer to compensate me for assisting you today. I am not compensated for my time until you provide a rating.