Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Seven year old Yellow Lab began jerking and slow to walk.

Customer Question

Seven year old Yellow Lab began jerking and slow to walk. Fed him greenies, as well as Blue Buffalo Protection Formula, sometimes with chicken broth to enhance the flavor. Was worried it might be related to a snake bite, but he hasn't "yelped" when outside as I watch him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: It's the type of thing to find out at10 pm on a Fourth of July weekend, I found several posts from Lab owners that this jerky symptom happens to the breed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You appear to be describing partial seizures but in these cases a video is worth 1000 words. Can you upload a video of his "jerking" to YouTube and then give me the link to it? Remember not to mark it as "private".

How often are these events? How long do they last? Are there any symptoms other than "jerking" and being "slow to walk"?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?