Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

Ate 325mg of tylenol. she's 17lbs. greta, not that i can

Customer Question

ate 325mg of tylenol. she's 17lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: greta
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Greta?
Customer: not that i can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.

How long ago did Greta eat the Tylenol?

Do you have any hydrogen peroxide in the house?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
about 20 mins ago. yes i have peroxide
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information.

Since Tylenol can be very toxic to dogs, and since she just got into it, the best thing to do is to get her to vomit up the pills. Details on how to make that happen can be found here:

After you give the first dose of Peroxide, walk her around for a few minutes. If she doesn't vomit within 10 minutes, you can give a second dose.

Once she vomits, make sure to check the vomit for the medication. If you see it, then you can simply monitor her, but if you don't see the pill in the vomit, or if you can't get her to vomit, then you'll need to have her seen by an emergency vet to get it out of her system before her body absorbs it.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?