Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

A loose male pitbull came into my yard and killed my male

Customer Question

a loose male pitbull came into my yard and killed my male yorkie why...he would never bark etc...usually he would roll over in permissive..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure you're absolutely devastated.

It's hard to say for sure why this other dog would come into your yard and harm your dog. It's possible that the dog was simply an aggressive dog that wasn't friendly with other dogs even in normal circumstances.

It's also possible that your Yorkie could have startled it or if the other dog viewed your dog as a threat or in the way of something he wanted. Sadly, these little dogs often don't realize that they're little and may roll over in submission rather than trying to run away or fight back.

As someone who recently lost a pet myself, I know how heartbroken you are. It's always so sad to lose a pet, and even moreso when that death is unexpected and violent like yours.

I am so very sorry.