Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My schnauzer back legs shake, No wounds. Beasley will be 14

Customer Question

My schnauzer back legs shake
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Beasley will be 14 years old in Jan.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beasley?
Customer: He gets exercise regular and is very active. He eats good and has healthy teeth and gums
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

The two main considerations for a dog of Beasley's age are painful osteoarthritis of his lower spine and/or hips and a pelvic limb tremor in older dogs that we call a postural repetitive myoclonus. The myoclonus is considered benign and so not treated. It would be prudent, however, to see how Beasley responds to a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) such as carprofen or meloxicam. If you saw that shaking abate with an NSAID, you'd know that it arose because it hurts Beasley to stand for any length of time.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want to pay $20 for this account. Tell me how to delete or unsubscribe

Please contact***@******.*** for any financial concerns you have. I'll faciliate your wishes by alerting my moderator.