Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

My dog has lots of hotspots and now she's dry heaving and

Customer Question

My dog has lots of hotspots and now she's dry heaving and trying to eat the carpet and anything she can find off of the carpet now she's licking her toy her nose isn't warm she's eating her food without a problem
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Diva she's eight years old and a pitbull she has very sensitive skin I just moved into a new place and I'm wondering if it's from the carpet or tapwater I don't know
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pitbull?
Customer: No everything has been fine except this past month she's been getting these red spots on her paws and lots of dry spots on her coat towards her back and legs I feed her science diet sensitive skin and stomach and be there in organic tea tree oil and medicated soap as well as giving her carrots only for treats
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 3 months ago.

Ah poor Diva, she sounds very uncomfortable! I would try adding fish oil to help with her itchiness.... 1000 mg to 1400 mg per day... my dogs like Nature Made best... - Dr. C

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?