Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He's walking backwards and whining like he's in pain,

Customer Question

He's walking backwards and whining like he's in pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There's nothing on his foot
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bandit.... He's 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bandit?
Customer: He scratches constantly to the point of bleeding at times. He has a cone but he's already maneuvering his way around that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 5 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What breed is your dog?

Is there any swelling around the rectal area?

Has he had diarrhea or loose bowels recently?

any scooting on his rear over the last week or so.