Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Shettle 11 mth old brush m and the fur clumps when all over

Customer Question

shettle 11 mth old brush him and the fur clumps when all over the yard dog ate one before I could catch it. I have him too much olive oil 2 days later diarrea started Sat kept giving only his dry food got better during the day when to a wet pattie but today after a wet pattie he had a clear mustary yellow did have a small less than a dime fur ball.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: harry
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harry?
Customer: he doesn't seem to be affected he is still playful and is drinking water and eat ice like normal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

So your dog, Harry, ate some of his own hair?

Is he eating and drinking normally?

How long ago did this happen?