PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I cut my dogs nail too short. What house hold items can I

Customer Question

I cut my dogs nail too short. What house hold items can I use to help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: It's not a whole lot. But it won't stop bleeding
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kali and she's about 4 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kali?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. I'd recommend purchasing some quikstop for the future from petsmart as it works much faster...but you can use regular flour or cornstarch packed hard against the cut end of the nail (be liberal!) until the clotting starts.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. Has the bleeding stopped?

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?