Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have used in the past fenbendazole 10% way back wgen when

Customer Question

I have used in the past fenbendazole 10% way back wgen when I had 13 dogs, what about today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ubu, German Shephard, female, over weight but loves to steal cat stuff out of litter bowes, [3] no matter how much I clean, radar! what about a reduced dosage 10mgs...?
JA: How old is Uub?
Customer: 7 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Uub?
Customer: She is on prednisone 20mg 2 a day, and ciprofloxacn 250mg 2 time a day with food. She is being treated for anal, gland, disorder that includes immune system that has been a life long battle, she seems to have been born with alot of problems. These drugs so far control her problems for 8 month now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Ubu is not doing well. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Fenbendazole is still a good medication for internal parasites such as Giardia, whipworm and hookworm, but is not effective against other diseases. If she has diarrhea and a stool sample confirms internal parasites, fenbendazole at 50 mg per kg daily for 5 days would be appropriate. Giving a low dose such as 10 mg would not treat anything.

What symptoms does she have that you want to use fenbendazole?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you were able to see what I wrote! How is he doing? Can I answer anything else? If this was helpful, please let me know.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?