PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He has scabs on s ears. I think its from a yeast infection.

Customer Question

He has scabs on his ears. I think its from a yeast infection.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Winston is 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Winston?
Customer: He's on Royal Canin for Cocker food and had been on that forever. I did start feeding him some blueberries in the AM. Not sure if it might be an allergy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

As you may well know, Cockers are prone to ear issues. It would be wise to have this area examined and an ear cytology performed to determine if this is yeast or bacteria. Your vet will likely prescribed topical and/or oral meds based on what was found.

We typically don't see this fast of an onset of scabbing if something, such as blueberries, were to cause an allergic reaction. The presence of scabs suggests this is due to something other than something he came in contact with this morning, so I would look for an underlying issue in this case.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already knew this.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please do not charge me for this response.

Customer service has been contacted. Best of luck with your companion.