PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

She is is a 10 year old english bulldog and has pneumonia.

Customer Question

She is is a 10 year old english bulldog and has pneumonia. She has conjestion and I wondered if I could put vicks vaporun on her chest and then sit in the bathroom and make it steamy to see if it will help. Could I pur liquid vicks in a pulmoid and spray the mist in her face?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the bulldog's name?
Customer: Rosie, she was in the hospital earlier but they thought she could come home and take the meds to finish out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosie?
Customer: Would just the plain steamy shower be the best bet?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

You can most certainly use the bathroom and a steamy shower to help break up congestion, but vicks should not be used. The camphor can be toxic to pets, in fact, and may cause more medical issues that require treatment. More info here: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/camphor/

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, JACustomer. Checking in. How is Rosie doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy