Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is peeing but not much. He makes this movement with s

Customer Question

Hi my dog is peeing but not much. He makes this movement with his but like he is trying to go some more but nothing comes out. The the immediately gets into position to poop but either nothing comes out or a little piece. He has now started vomiting does not eat and is just saying around. What should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Well my mom said she was saying cherries a piece of one fell and he got to it. But everything the same
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Charlie is a miniature Schnauzer who is 4 but I guess it's 28 dog years lol
JA: How old is Charlie?
Customer: 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: No. I'm just really worried What I explained is what's going on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: I'm not a walking encyclopedia you know.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm concerned that Charlie's urethra is obstructed by a urinary stone (urolith). Schnauzers are overrepresented with struvite stones which involve a urinary tract infection with Staphylococcus, mainly. His vomiting, anorexia, and lethargy suggest that urine is backing up into his kidneys. Please don't hesitate to have Charlie attended to by a vet at your earliest convenience. Time is of the essence in these dogs.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?