Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He seems agitated. Pacing panting won't sit or lie down,

Customer Question

He seems agitated. Pacing panting won't sit or lie down
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: This had been going on about 5 hours
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: I m not sure if he hurts. He is not whimpering. He usually is very laid back tho...this is very uncharacteristic...he is 10 years old husky
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mojo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mojo?
Customer: He isn't lethargic. He's agitated and won't be still
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Mojo is acting as if he ingested an "upper" - a prescription or recreational drug, a rodenticide containing bromethalin, a snail bait containing metaldehyde, or perhaps is exhibiting the signs of an encephalopathy (brain disorder) involving the cerebrum or thalamus which can result in aimless wandering. He'll exhaust himself if he continues in this manner so please tell me if he's already been attended to by a vet.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He isn't having any symptoms this morning. He is breathing normally and is lying on the floor resting. He is going to the vet for shots this week but maybe I should call and have him seen tomorrow??

Yes, please give his vet a call and describe just what you saw. Intractable pain and encephalopathy (post-ictal (post-seizure) behavior?) are important differential diagnoses. Thank you for the good update. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.