PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

She ingested 115 mg of enalapril, Phoebe is 16 months, she

Customer Question

She ingested 115 mg of enalapril
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Phoebe is 16 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Phoebe?
Customer: she weighs close to 70 pounds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
115 mg is the maximum amount she could have ingested as 23 pills (5mg) are missing.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

She's had 2-4 times the amount of enalapril that we would normally use in a dog her size. The highest risk that she has right now is of low blood pressure.

If she ingested this in the last 2 hours, I would recommend inducing vomiting using the following instructions at this link:

If she ingested this after the 2 hour period, you can either monitor her at home or take her to the ER clinic for observation. I would recommend the latter, if this option exists for you. If you choose to monitor her at home, watch out for lethargy, for her to become non-responsive or very sleepy, signs of sudden collapse, pale mucous membranes and increased thirst. If you see any of these symptoms, she must go promptly to the ER for treatment.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Phoebe doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?