PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

We have a 3 year old female Yorkie ..we live out in the

Customer Question

We have a 3 year old female Yorkie ..we live out in the sticks and there is no vet anywhere near us ..she hasn't been herself these past few days and I'm thinking it's her teeth/tooth but don't know which one ..I'm just wondering what can I give her for a toothache?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Trixie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trixie?
Customer: She's all up-to-date on all her shots
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Chances are if this is a "tooth ache", it's a tooth that needs to be pulled and she likely needs a professional cleaning while they're in there.

To get her through until your vet can see her, assuming she is on NO other medications, aspirin can be given in a pinch to help with discomfort. You will also want to soften her food with water or broth so that she can easily eat until then. Dosing info here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How are things going with Trixie?