Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has a soft stool no interest in eating or drinking water.

Customer Question

He has a soft stool no interest in eating or drinking water. Took him to the vet and no signs of dehydration. They gave me Royal canine sensitivity canned and dried food as well as buscocam and ba rises
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cody and 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cody?
Customer: He sleeps a lot but still chases the birds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Can you clarify "buscocam" and "ba rises" for me, please? How long has it been since the inception of Cody's symptoms until now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bactisel-hk and buscocam
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A German vet

Thank you. Bactisel-hk is a probiotic. I regret that I can't identify the ingredient(s) in buscocam.

How long has it been since the inception of Cody's symptoms until now, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For 3 days
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
His stool was normal today. So should I just wait and keep him on a non fat diet?

Thank you. Simple dietary indiscretions will remiss unaided within 72 hours which seems to be the case with Cody. Feeding the prescribed diet would make sense for another few days. Because he's 11 years old, however, if he relapses I encourage your having diagnostics in the form of a gastrointestinal panel of blood and urine tests. Cody doesn't have the reserve of a much younger dog. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you!!! So no need for me to call the ER??? I love him so much

You haven't described an emergency situation. His stools have normalized. If he remained inappetent, that would be a different story but he must be eating if he's forming stool!