Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog is disoriented and seems confused, drooling, not

Customer Question

Hi! my dog is disoriented and seems confused
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: drooling
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: not shaking but leg is twitchy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: king, 4 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: pupils look enlarged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: king
Category: Dog
Expert:  drgdvm replied 4 months ago.

Is there any chance King ate something he shouldn't have, including pills, plants, trash, poisons or anything out of the ordinary? Has King ever experienced anything like this before? Is King currently on any medications, and is there any change he received an over dose? Disorientation, drooling and enlarged pupils, as combined clinical signs, could indicate some form of toxicosis or poisoning. I would suggest taking King to your veterinarian as soon as possible for a physical examination.