Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She ate about, 20 pre workout pills, Her name is Rylie and

Customer Question

She ate about
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 20 pre workout pills
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is a Husky about 55 lbs
JA: How old is Rylie?
Customer: She's about 7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Your question didn't post properly. What was in those 20 pre-workout pills, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, syloid.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
O that was only the other ingredients
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Samento inner bark, nettle, daucosterol, colostrum, pepsin, sitosterols, vanadyl sulfate

I don't see any ingredients that are overtly toxic but there aren't any studies that tell me what 20 pills would do to a 55 lb dog... most likely, however, nothing more than transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. The herbs are particularly vexing because there isn't likely to be a specific amount of the bark or type of nettle on the label. To be prudent, I would induce emesis if Rylie ingested those pills within 2 hours. 3% hydrogen peroxide dosed at 45 mL (3 measuring tablespoons) by means of a small poultry baster placed between her cheek teeth and cheek should induce emesis within 15 minutes. If not, the same dose should be give once again. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I'll give it a shot thank you

Sounds good. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.