Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My 7 year old Bichon has had a small lump removed today

Customer Question

My 7 year old Bichon has had a small lump removed today under anashetic. She has started panting uncontrollably since bringing her home is this normal?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dolly, many thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dolly?
Customer: no she is in good health normally
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I please cancel this payment I am taking the dog to the vet now.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

Coming out of the anesthetic she is feeling stress and anxiety. This could be the cause of the excessive panting or it could be a pain reaction. It usually takes 3-5 to fully recover from the stress of the surgery and start feeling normal. If she continues, I would give your Vet a call and see if he wants to put her on some pain medication. Look at the end of her tongue as she is panting if stress related her tongue will have a slight cupped look at the end.

We do not want her stressed and in paid, because that slows the healing process.