Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

One of my dogs ear is down. It wont stand up anymore. He is

Customer Question

one of my dogs ear is down. It wont stand up anymore. He is happier than ever . He is about 7 years old. I can rub it and he shows no sign that it hurts but it dont stand up anymore like the other one.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ear?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long has this been a concern?
2) Does the ear fall forward or flops sideways?
3) Has he been scratching his ears or shaking his head?
4) Any recent trauma?
5) History of ear problems?