PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My pit was bitten by another pit that I 't have any info

Customer Question

my pit bull was bitten by another pit bull that I don't have any info about as the owner and dog left once the dogs were separated. I don't have money for the vet but my dog is limping. I don't see any deep puncture wounds but I'm not sure what to do. My mom said to bathe him in a solution of warm water and Epsom salts and to treat his wounds with antibiotic cream. I've got some human Bactrim. Should I give it to him
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and a special spot in my heart for pitbulls. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long ago did this incident occur?
2) Can you share a picture of the limb that your dog is favoring?
3) Are you seeing any bruising?
4) Was your dog limping immediately following the incident or did the limping occur later on?
5) Still eating and drinking?
6) What part of the limb was bitten?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
12 am no bruising bitten on underbelly and other areas no change in eating or drinking limping started immediately picture coming
Standing by. There may be a few minutes delay. I'm working from my cell and it tends to be a little slower with pictures coming through. Fear not, I'm still here working on your question.

Checking in. It doesn't look like the picture ever came through.