Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog pees on on bed and sleep in it .had taken her to the

Customer Question

my dog pees on on bed and sleep in it .had taken her to the vet no bladder problem said it behaviour problem have try thunder jacket calm formulas,rescue remedy natural remedy Im at my wits end what do with her
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dianne. Thanks for your question.

Do you see Abby urinating in her bed? If so, does she get up, squat to pee, then lay back down or does the urine dibble out while she's resting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
normally when Im not around have caught abby squating on her bed and cushions or mats

Thank you for the additional information. I ask because many dogs her age may leak urine, which can look like they're urinating in their bed. There are medications on the market to help with bladder contractility that may still be something to consider using for her to see if it helps. Proin is the name of the medication most commonly used.

For the sake of being thorough, has your vet already performed a urinalysis on her and x-rays of her abdomen to ensure that she does not have stones? Bichon's in particular are prone to urinary stones, so its always good to check even if crystals aren't present in the urine.