Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

She has been fine all day but has thrown up a few times in

Customer Question

She has been fine all day but has thrown up a few times in the past hour and appears to be uncomfortable. She keeps finding a spot to lie down, then gets up and moves and repeats. It's like she can't get comfortable. She is also refusing even human food which she never does.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She first threw up food, but now it is clear
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, Your poor dog sounds quite ill. Is there anything she could have ingested - like trash, toys, bones, rocks, etc? Or any possible exposure to a toxin? Any new food, treats or people food recently? What is her name, breed and age? Any pre-existing medical issues/history? Thanks- Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I do not think that she could have gotten into anything. We have been with her and I can't see anything that is in her reach. She was fine up until about 4 hours ago. She is also staggering when she walks. She is a boxer/bulldog mix (guess, definitely part boxer). She is 9 1/2. She hasn't been exposed to any new food, treats, or people. We were on vacation in the mountains this past weekend, but we usually go up there with her twice a month. She doesn't have any pre-existing conditions.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have noticed her slowing down more lately and her weight seems to fluctuate, but nothing explicitly notable.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh and she feels a bit cold to touch, but I don't know her temperature

Has she been spayed? Does her belly look distended? Do you have a way to take her temperature? (rectally, use Vaseline or KY jelly for her comfort).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She is spayed and it does not. We unfortunately don't have a way to do that. I think I am going to take her in

Yes, I absolutely support that decision! I hope she is ok, please keep me posted and let me know if I can help in any way - Dr. C