Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My dog has a large tumor on her nd leg, It was the same size

Customer Question

my dog has a large tumor on her hind leg, It was the same size for a while but now has started to grow and bleed a little. I know I need to get her to the vet. he says it will be about $800.00 I only $500, just don't know how to make her comfortable
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: she is nervous around people, but a wonderful dog
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

The dog will need some pain medication and the Vet will need to deal with the tumor. I see you have $500 toward what you need. There is a service called Care Credit that finances Vet visits. It is specifically geared for Pets needs. I will give you the link for them. They will set up a credit card for you to use for the balance of what is needed and you can make payments monthly. This situation warrants the dog being seen asap. This is the Care Credit link where you can apply online:

In the mean time please mix some Betadine and warm water and irrigate the tumor with the solution. It will help disinfect the area and help keep the bacteria down. You can also take a tube sock and cut the toe off to make a dressing for the area and use some tape around the sock to hold it in place. Please have the dog seen asap.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?