Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She has pulled the hair on the end of her tail and there

Customer Question

She has pulled the hair on the end of her tail and there seems to be a growth at the tip she is working on
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Marble. She's 12 and a Shetland sheepdog. I took her to vet last week as she has a cauliflower that is benign at the base of her tail as opposed to the tip. I just saw this last night
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Marble?
Customer: She's beautiful, happy and a sheltie with a gay tail!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Does the growth look like a pimple? Bigger?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.