Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

13yr old maltipoo 12lbs untreated spinal injury yrs ago now

Customer Question

13yr old maltipoo 12lbs untreated spinal injury yrs ago now getting very weak in hinds, on Sr chews AND ArthriSoothe Gold has maintained him for many yrs... no pain but starting to have no rear control walking thru grass ect. Any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wounds just weakness by the day.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Spike.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Spike?
Customer: Not really I'm thinking just age and arthritis finally setting in. He goes to the vet reg when needed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Have you noticed if his legs are getting thinner in the back?

If you flip his rear foot over, so that the top is on the ground, does he put it back right away?