Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

My dog is a 3 year old beagle. She was acting lethargic with

Customer Question

My dog is a 3 year old beagle. She was acting lethargic with a slight limp which is not like her. I took her to the vet last weekend and was given meds for a fever. She tested negative for Lyme.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the beagle's name?
Customer: I moderated her activity level this week and she improved. Now after a play date she seems to have regressed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your beagle?
Customer: My beagle's name is Kylie. I had her vaccinated today: parvo, lepto, distemper and she has previously tolerated these well. I am not sure what to do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'd like to help you with Kylie, but am unable to call at this time. My cell phone service is very poor where I am. I hope that my typed response will be acceptable and helpful for you.

Lethargy for 24-48 hours is a normal possible side effect from vaccines. There is always the chance for a vaccine reaction, even if they have been tolerated previously with no issues. Pain can also be a side effect from the vaccines. A mild limp could potentially be associated with tissue soreness following a vaccination.

However; Kylie had a limp last week and was improving. Now she is limping after a play date. If her previous injury was soft tissue in origin, this makes sense as she may have re-injured herself by playing too hard. I always recommend strict rest for 2 weeks following a soft tissue injury. Let me know if you have any other questions! - Dr. C