Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

Vomiting clear fluid. Won't eat. Can't walk. Or move. Cold

Customer Question

Vomiting clear fluid. Won't eat. Can't walk. Or move. Cold body temp.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Its a 10 year old toy poodle. No health conditions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear this little one is not doing well. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

How long has the dog been like this?

Any chance he/she got in to something toxic?

If this is a female is she spayed, if not when was her last heat cycle?

What is the body temp?

This all of the symptoms develop at the same time?

The more information you can give the better I will be able to advise you on what may be going on and what you can/should do?

Are you willing/able to take the dog to the ER

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It started around midnight last night. She is not spayed. She had surgery a year ago to remove breast tumors. Her body temp is cold. I have her wrapped in a heated blanket and have given her Pedialyte unflavored kind from a medicine dropper
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It did all just come out of nowhere
Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

Considering her age, the fact that she is not spayed and they symptoms my first concern would be that she has a uterine infection called a pyometra. This can be life threatening causing system wide infection/sepsis, rupture of the uterus and death. Once the infection hits the blood stream causing sepsis the body temp drops.

If she had any access to toxins such as certain types of rat poison this too can cause all of the symptoms you are seeing.

I know no one comes here to the site to have someone say go to the vet but it sounds like this girl is in serious condition and I am afraid without immediate medical care you could loose her.

I always try to offer at home care when I think it is safe and will be effective but my job is to provide advice on what is best for the pet and in this case I do not think at home care is appropriate.

If you would like to take her to the ER and need help locating one in your area please provide your zip code and I will be happy to find one for you.

Please keep me posted on how she is doing.

Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.

Candy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She died before you sent the last message
Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

Oh no I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could have done more to help. I know that words can not sooth the pain of her loss, just know that you did what you could and that you now have a very special angel watching over you. I believe that you will meet again and for now she is running happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge.