Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Great dane/ Won't eat or drink. Very tired. Tries to poop

Customer Question

Great dane/
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Won't eat or drink. Very tired. Tries to poop and just a tiny watery squirt. Did the peroxide and vomited a little yellow slimy mucus. Is not showing signs of pain. Nose is room temp. Have the hamburger and rice made but hasn't eaten it.
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: That's all I know. Trying to help out my son with this.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your son's dog isn't feeling well! I have great danes myself, love the breed. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have a few more questions for you so that I can make a good recommendation.
How old is he/she?
Is there any chance he/she could have gotten into anything or ate anything unusual?
Acting ok?
What was the reason for the peroxide?
How long has this been going on for?
any current illness or meds?