Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I have a 3 yr. old morkie. He just had a seizure. I lasted

Customer Question

I have a 3 yr. old morkie. He just had a seizure. I lasted about 60sec. His body shook, he was unstable on his fett, keeled over, and his entire body was tense. I cradled him for a few seconds and he came out of it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Frankie, 3yrs.old, morkie.
JA: How old is Frankie?
Customer: I've told you he is 3 yr. old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Frankie?
Customer: Nothing, has always been healthy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech for 30+ years.

YOu will need to monitor Frankie for further seizure activity. Keep him in a darkened room with no stimulation. His siezure was minimal. Had he eaten dinner tonight? One of the reasons we see seizures in small breed is the glucose levels drop. If he is awake and aware you can rub some Pancake syrup or Karo syrup on his gums. Please keep a diary of activity and if he has another seizure, document the time and what was happening at the time. If you can get a video. Plase see the Vet in the Am, to follow up with your Vet. If he continues to have seizures tonight see the ER Vet.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

Checking in to see how your little one is doing? Would love an update.

Joan