Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

A couple yrs ago Riley who's is now like 10 yr old red nose

Customer Question

A couple yrs ago Riley who's is now like 10 yr old red nose pubull he came home with a cut on his back paw and it's never been the same its huge and open and gross he's not mine but my boyfriends mom's and I think it need some tic what do I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: It's bright red sore its not running or dripping but just open he leaves spots were he lays down
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Riley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Riley?
Customer: He use to run a lot but this is making him hard to walk and up and down stairs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Casandra, please confirm for me if this wound is 2 years old. Can you upload a photo(s) of it to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ My initial thought is that such a long-standing skin condition is now a surgical problem and not something you're going to be able to satisfactorily address without the aid of Riley's vet.

Hi Casandra,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?