Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He started vomiting bile last night. Has vomited more during

Customer Question

He started vomiting bile last night. Has vomited more during the day. I came home to what looks and smells like brown bile vomit in the bathroom, smells like bile, a little some of it mucus-like. His water bowl was dry. He drank some after I filled it then vomited water and yellow to clear bile again. Nose is cold, but he is mopey, probably because he feels bad, but its also how he acts when feels like he's done something wrong.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Quite possibly. We have rabbits in the back yard, and my husband suspects he may have eaten some of their droppings?
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sonny, he is... 8 years. Will be 9 in October.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sonny?
Customer: He is a survivor of Lyme disease when he was 5/6 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that Sonny isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have a few questions for you so that I can get you the best possible recommendations. Is he still eating and drinking? keeping that down? How many times has he vomited since last night? Has he ever done this before? On any meds or any current illnesses?