Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I HAVE A GOLDEN THE WHITES OF S EYES ARE RED I HAVE ALOT OF

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A GOLDEN THE WHITES OF HIS EYES ARE RED I HAVE ALOT OF TREES AND GRASS ON MY PROPERTY COULD THIS CAUSE HIS WHIT PART OF HIS EYE TO *****
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: JOEY HE IS 6 YEARS OLD
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: JOEY
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Joey?
Customer: NO HE IS A HAPPY DOG FULL OF ENERGY
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

When did they start to turn red?

Is there any colored discharge from them or a clear discharge?

Has Joey been pulling on a leash before this happened?

Does he seem to be pawing at them or rubbing them on items such as furniture?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TWO WEEKS AGO NO DISCHARGE SOME TIMES NO
Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Usually whren both eyes are red with no colored discharge , no pawing or rubbing the eyes and no visiible pain , it usueally means an irritant from something airborne and this can be due to allergies. If there were a colored discharge I would be concerned with infection and that would need treatment.

If the dog is eatin drinking and otherwise acting okay , and his sight seems to be fine, I would not become too concerned. Dogs that pull on a leash or chain can also cause their eyes to turn red.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

If you begin to notice pawing or rubbing, a color discharge then see your vet for an exam. Sometimes dogs get eye lashes that turn inward as well if this happens you want to know how serious it is so if this does not go away or clear up at all over the next week I would have your Vet take a look.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.