Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog will not pee or poop after a ke and after a walk

Customer Question

My dog will not pee or poop after a long hike and after a walk around the block
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no - how could that affect peeing or pooping
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Preston, male, 3 years old, chi/***** ***** mix
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Russell?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How long has Preston refused to go to the bathroom?

Is he your dog?

Is he neutered?

Is he eating/drinking normally?

When was the last time you saw him urinate or defecate?

How is he acting otherwise?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He peed once towards the end of our extended hike - not at all when I walked him around the block just nowHe is my dogHe Is neuteredHe ate his canned food mixed with egg this morning before we went for a hikeHe has not drank any water following his meal and the hike this morningHe urinated towards the end of our hike this morning - he peed and pooed last night during his walkHe was behaving normally during the hike - he was sluggish and disinterested during his walk around the block