Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

My dog Back is constantly moaning and groaning while he is

Customer Question

My dog Back is constantly moaning and groaning while he is awake and it seems as though he's having trouble breathing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's almost eight years old September 8th
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Black?
Customer: He dose want to take as many as many walks as he did before. And I believe I feel cold rattling inside of them when I holding him or touching his body
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, he has one on his right back paw
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

Do you think that the wound could be an old one, or it severe enough to be causing his clinical signs? - Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know? But it's not an old wound.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was swollen last week.

What kind of dog is Black? How long has the moaning/groaning and respiratory issues been going on? Is he panting heavily or struggling to breathe?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Black is a mixture of chihuahua and rat terrier but he small like a chihuahua. The upper respiratory it seems as though it started around April 1st and it has got worse, and the moaning and groaning begin a couple of weeks ago where he's getting slower in his movement and he gets out of the breath fast. Black really does not want to go outside
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When he walked fast and ir running he gets out Brett and he's panting heavily and he's struggling to breathe

I'd be very concerned about cardiac disease as the cause of his clinical symptoms with exercise intolerance and trouble breathing. Is there an emergency clinic where you can have Black evaluated this evening? That would be my first recommendation. I am very worried that he may be in congestive heart failure. Emergency medical attention tonight is going to be his best chance at survival. - Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No their isn't a emergency clinic but I will take him tomorrow morning

OK, I'll be thinking of him. Keep me posted! - Dr. C

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?