Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

A foxtail in the outside corner of s eye : ...7 months : No.

Customer Question

A foxtail in the outside corner of his eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mitchell...7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mitchell?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you take a photo so I can see what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The photo won't load. ?

Good job on the photo! Are you sure there is a foxtail there? He for the most part looks pretty comfortable as far as keeping the eye open. Usually if there is something in the eye, they will be squinting / holding it shut.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saw it sticking out just a bit

If it is in there, sometimes it can be washed out with sterile contact saline solution. The pocket of the eye can be pretty deep. If it is truly there and it can't be washed out, then he should be take to an ER clinic here tonight for them to get it out. The longer it is there, the more of a chance that it could start to imbed and migrate into the tissues there. Once this happens, it can be a very frustrating situation to resolve.