Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has a puncture wound and her eye is swollen big and

Customer Question

My dog has a puncture wound and her eye is swollen big and red
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: Her eyeball is red and looks like it's bulging
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: China 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about China?
Customer: Her eye is buldging out of her head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Was the puncture wound you mentioned directly to China's eyeball or somewhere else?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The eyeball

Ouch! Sorry to hear about her injury. This sounds serious- firstly- do you have a cone collar on hand? If so, go ahead and put it on so that she doesn't rub or paw at the eye, causing further damage. Once it is on, or if you do not have one on hand- I would recommend looking to see if there is a 24 hours clinic available in your area to take her to. If this is not an option- let me know and I will do my best to assist you further.