Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

She is a 13 yrs. old cocker. Had bad ears time keeping

Customer Question

She is a 13 yrs. old cocker. Had bad ears for along time keeping taking to vet for meds. Today her one ear is bleeding, and she is panting and restless
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She didn't eat today. She has ever not ate she. I know something Is every wrong, when she stop eating. But she is drinking water.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I am very sorry to hear about this and I see this ALL the Time.......your dog has food allergy and that is why her ears are chronic and not healing. Here is what you need to do:

Find a veterinary dermatologist which I can help you with, just say the word....

1. Your dog will need a hypoallergenic dog food like Prescription diet DD and also Purina HA is another option

2. The ears will need to be treated for several months to rid the infection and your dog will have to stay o hypoallergenic food forever

3. Once ears are cleared, there will need to be some type of maintenance.

4. your dog may have to go on apoquel allergy drug also

Say the word and I will help you find a dermatologist that can get your dog healed up.

Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.