Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She's a small bread mix - a year old and about 10 pounds

Customer Question

She's a small bread mix - a year old and about 10 pounds -she's had diarrhea for a few days and is trembling I'm worried
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: We aren't sure. We are very careful about what she eats and just not sure if she ate something in the yard or just not feeling well. All up to date in shots and treatments
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She's just been very lazy and clearly not feeling well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

What does the diarrhea look like? Any blood?

Is she drinking normally?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?