Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My puppy ate 1 geodon 60 mg pill. She just got spayed today

Customer Question

My puppy ate 1 geodon 60 mg pill. She just got spayed today and needs a pain pill. It was my fault. Wrong pill container
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian. Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about this drug in dogs. I'll opt out so we can see if another expert can help you; but I wanted to let you know that if you don't get a reply soon then you can call the ASPCA poison control line, they have veterinary toxicologists on staff 24 hours a day and they can help you.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years, This medication can be seriously toxic to dogs. It can cause the blood pressure to bottom out or go go extremely high. In higher dosages it can cause seizures and kidney failure. We need to induce Vomiting if with in the last 45 mins. If it is longer or we cannot get the stomach contents up and he needs to see the ER Vet for supportive care.

Please give a piece of bread and follow with 1 teaspoon full of 3% hydrogen Peroxide per 10 pounds. Jostle the stomach and jog the dog around. The dog should vomit within 15 mins. If not comfortable with this and because of the Spaying, it may be best to go right to the ER where full care can be given safely with support for the puppy. The ER is highly Reommended and Urged for the puppy. If you need an ER please supply state and zip code.

Joan