Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My 6 month old mini dachshubd ate a bandaid and I'm worried.

Customer Question

My 6 month old mini dachshubd ate a bandaid and I'm worried. it's bigger than regular bandaids . Square shaped but not the huge ones that go on your knee or anything so you think he'll be ok? He keeps trying to eat everything
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Veterinarian will know if the dachshund will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dachshund?
Customer: No that's it he's healthy other than that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I would say that in a situation like this, the concern for that Band-Aid causing a problem would be pretty minimal. Could it have been chewed up and will pass benignly through the intestinal tract? That has a good possibility. In a situation like this, watching for any vomiting, loss of appetite for over 24 hours, or abdominal discomfort may indicate that it isn't. If I had a 6 month old mini dachshund that ate a Band-Aid, I wouldn't be that worried about it.