Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog is panting a lot she won't really move from one spot

Customer Question

my dog is panting a lot she won't really move from one spot and her tummy feels tight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Coco and she is 5... She was diagnosed with a parasite, after eating rabbit poop but the vet said no treatment was needed
JA: How old is Coco?
Customer: 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?
Customer: it was hot out today and she was outside on and off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

What kind of dog is Coco?- Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Is Coco acting painful at all? Having trouble getting up/down stairs or on/off furniture? Holding head down or back arched?

Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello , I see Dr C opted out of your question. This can happen if a customer goes offline or an expert has come to the end of their shift.

How is Coco doing today , now that it is a few days later?

When Coco was feeling bad was there any problems with jumping on furniture or going up steps? Was there an arch in the back as she walked? Did she walk slower than normal?