Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

She has been panting heavy since last night, temp is about

Customer Question

She has been panting heavy since last night, temp is about 98.5, runny stool and frequent urination. Restless. No signs of contractions. Should I be wirries
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Phoenix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Phoenix?
Customer: First time pregnancy 2.5 yrs old 7 puppies confirmed by xray
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

It definitely sounds like Phoenix is in labor. How long has her temp been low?I wouldn't be too worried, except for the fact that she has been panting since last night. - Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Her temp dipped to 98.6 last night at about 8pm est. this morning was up to about 99.2 now back down.

With this new information, I do think it's warranted to have her evaluated by an emergency veterinarian this evening to make sure (via ultrasound) that there aren't any signs of fetal distress. Hope that helps and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. - Dr. C